The choice of geography research paper topics or those for essays is huge. However, students frequently risk getting stuck with the need to come up with their own theme concept. Sometimes, the professor may assign a default topic on their own, but it is also frequent for them to leave more freedom for their students. What should you do in that case?
First of all, don’t panic. It’s nothing difficult to find a topic to use in a geography essay. Things become a bit different when you need to come up with a top-quality theme able to bring you the best grade, though. But that challenge is not something you couldn’t pass, too.
Geography Essay Topics: How to Pick
Choosing a great geography topic to use in a paper is easier than you think. Geography is a multi-edged subject, so the number of approaches and subtopics to review is just huge. To pick your best topic, make sure it is relevant, correlating with your current academic level, and interesting for you to work with.
You can choose from multiple geography subtopics connected with economics, sociology, earth science, and even planetary geography. The range of potential issues to discuss starts inside the depths of Mariana Trench, then continues above the stratosphere, and ends somewhere on Pluto or beyond if that is your wish. Moreover, you can come up with themes connected to the past, present, or future of geography, and every choice can lead you to an exciting idea for an essay topic.
Why wouldn’t you write about Pangaea? Wouldn’t it be great to think over the routes of first human tribes and connect their past decisions with the borders we see on the world maps nowadays? Or maybe, it would feel great to imagine space expansion and studying the geography of Mars? All that above and even more is open.
Here below, you can find over one hundred theme concepts to consider choosing as your geography paper topics. Feel free to use them as they are or as your basics to generate original topics. It’s your call what you decide to do.
Human Geography Essay Ideas
16 Essay topics on human geography are here:
- The geography of island states’ markets.
- South African epidemic threats: why and how diseases spread there
- The impact of growing population on the environment: India case study
- Factors making people move to new places
- Raise of the sea level: cities most vulnerable to global warming
- Megacities: the unavoidable global urbanization and its long-term consequences
- Israel and Palestine issues: a political geography case study
- The process of military geography development
- Chinese demographic situation: pros and cons
- Africa: the continent of unequal economies
- Infrastructure aging: long-term consequences and potential solutions
- How the world population affects human geography processes
- The demography of the United States
- Cities vulnerable to sea-level rise
- Main geographic challenges of modern businesses
- Third world countries: geography as a poverty factor
Earth Science Research Paper Topics
The list of informative papers on earth science ideas includes 15 more concepts. Check them out below:
- Weather prediction: how meteorologists work
- Most devastating anthropogenic catastrophes and their impact on nature
- Biological diversity of Siberia
- Invasive species: cats in Australia case study
- The future of humanity in terms of ecological challenges
- Lightning: the phenomena determining civilizational development
- Eco activism: ideas and borders
- Is green energy the unavoidable future?
- Analysis of eco-terrorism cases
- Tsunami: causes, predictions, and effects
- Seismometry as a science: history, achievements, use, prospects
- Krakatau eruption: analysis of the natural cataclysm
- Scientific proofs for the great flood
- Environmental law prospects
Cultural Geography Essay Topics
15 ideas again. This time, they are touching on cultural geography issues:
- Native American clothing traditions
- European languages: common evolution and mutual influence
- Advantages of the USSR educational approach
- Do Muslim women need feminism?
- Patriarchal societies: past, present, future
- Architectural achievements of Ancient Greece
- Cultural differences between the US and the UK
- Buddhism: history, spreading, prospects
- Cuisine traditions as a reason for Chinese longevity
- Muslim marriages explained
- The UK education specifics
- Cultural benefits of bilingual countries
- East vs. West: main cultural differences of the USA and USSR in the 1960s
- Impact of geography on cultural development: Japan case study
- Catholicism and the effect it caused on the cultures of Latin America
Physical Geography Essay Topics
Physical geography themes are all serious. If you look for something challenging, pick one of these 15 concepts:
- The impact of climate change on Siberian forests
- Meteorology development history and prospects
- Glaciers: why humanity can’t lose them
- The Gulf Stream and how it affects global climate
- The Earth’s life cycle: how much time do humans have?
- The biosphere’s evolutionary mechanisms
- The most devastating earthquakes
- The thunderstorm process explained
- How chemical elements migrate between places
- Altitude zoning of the Himalayas
- Elementary geochemical landscapes: features & specifics
- The ozone layer: why it is important
- Soil erosion: process analysis
- Anthropogenic factors of climate change
- The greenhouse effect: who to blame?
Geographical Research Topics
Actually, all themes mentioned in this article will suit your geographical research perfectly. However, here are five great concepts to review separately:
- Coastal soil erosion: features determined
- Why it is critical to protect endangered animals
- Ways to predict natural disasters
- Deserts: geographical specialties
- Global warming as the natural process
Topics About Urban Geography for an Essay
Urban geography is a specific subtopic. See five more essay concepts below:
- Urbanization reasons and consequences
- Ways to optimize urban geography planning
- The biggest urban agglomerations on the planet
- Pros and cons of urbanization
- Urban territories and environmental problems
World Geographical Extended Paper Topics
The last chapter includes the extended list of extended paper themes to consider. You’ll find something suitable among the 35 ideas below for sure:
- The arctic zone: comparison of Russian and Canadian environmental policy in the region
- Most popular climate change delusions
- Long-term consequences of deep land mining
- Earthquake as a geographical phenomenon
- Weather threats: how to stand against nature in the most unfriendly regions
- Glaciers: origin and importance
- In-depth analysis of tectonic processes
- Eco-farming as a solution to protect the environment
- Environmental protection and food security: key conflicts
- Gas and oil: world resource potential evaluation
- Does garbage sorting really help fight global climate changes?
- The effect of fish harvesting on water ecosystems
- Urbanization: will humanity ever come back to villages?
- The world’s drinking water resources’ evaluation
- Young mountains and their seismic activity
- The impact of the region’s geographical location on its economic potential
- The rise of the American car industry
- Seismic processes of North America
- Coastal erosion: in-depth explanation
- Tsunamis and how they appear
- The impact of industrial progress on the environment worldwide
- Water energy: rivers generating the most power
- The longest rivers of the world
- River basins of Siberia
- Solar energy: most promising locations to install huge solar panels
- Agricultural development of African countries
- How to reduce carbon dioxide amounts in the atmosphere
- Plant diversity of Canada
- Upcoming agricultural trends in the us
- Regions with the most promising economic potential
- Geographical features of Australia
- Cultural geography of Russia
- Industrial centers of the world: geographical conditions determining locations
- The future of geography
- Reasons to continue ocean exploration
These were the greatest topics for an earth science research paper or a geography essay. They will also cut it if you decide to use them as your term paper or even thesis paper topics. Use them in the way you need at the moment. You will surely find something suitable among more than one hundred themes available above.
By the way, if you are not sure you would be able to complete a geography assignment on your own for some reason, there is a solution you might want to consider. Just ask for professional essay writing help. We are always here, and our writers can handle any of the topics listed in this article and many more.
We work only with the most qualified and experienced professionals who know how to craft perfect geography papers for students. In fact, every writer cooperating with us has completed hundreds of high-quality academic assignments on their subject. You can be sure they won’t let you down.
If you still have questions, feel free to get in touch with our friendly and polite customer support team. They are online 24/7 and ready to hear from you. Choose any channel that is most comfortable at the moment: chat, email, or Facebook message. We will answer and deal with your academic troubles with pleasure.
Good luck, and don’t forget to take care of your academic success!